Thursday, March 20, 2014

Walking Dead Ahead

Lets go to Atlanta before the wedding in Tallahassee! I told Tim that I was not excited about his idea, but whatever. I can't believe it took me a full day to realize...WALKING DEAD IS FILMED THERE!!!!! Things were definitely looking up. From there I found this awesome site: http://walkingdeadlocations.com/ which is a fan site that details the different filming locations for each episode. Within is a link to a google map that pinpoints each of the locations. And don't you know, there's an app for that! Now I have an app for that, which I shall subsequently use while on my whirlwind, one of a kind Walking Dead filming location vacation.

We'll begin in Atlanta looking for Rick's house, the hospital, and the CDC to start. We're only there for one night and will move down to Senoia AKA Woodbury, which is 40 minutes south of Atlanta. Most of the episodes that don't take place in the city are filmed around the Senoia area. I have read that you can't see the prison because it is within the film studio, also located in the area, and the farm is private property and not really viewable from the road. But there are so many other roads, buildings, and landmarks to take selfies in front of! We leave next week and and I'll be posting pics and comments during the four days we are there...before the wedding in Tallahassee.

No comments:

Post a Comment